Sign in to follow this  
charliesvoice

Not sure what to do for the best!!!

:unsure: Just posting for a bit of advise - not sure which way to turn! i'm in aright mess!!

I'll try to keep this short!

My 6 year old is non-verbal

DS hasn't seen an NHS SaLT for 1 year ( due to cut backs!) prior to that he and the school got a visit every 6 weeks,

School has No written program from SaLT for his TA to work with ( although they have informed DfES that they have given verbal instructions - which isn't adequate!! )

Took DS 7 weeks ago for treatment and assessment from an independent SL therapist, she discoverd other problems - but we've also seen great improvements!

got an NHS therapist coming to our home on tuesday ( first time since the cuts ) spoke to her on the phone concerning the visit - independent SaLT said amongst other stuff he needs 1 session per week intense therapy - what a suprise NHS SaLT doesn't agree

Got his annual review coming up in early May - his statement doesn't have SaLT quantified which i will DEFINATLY be getting altered hopefully inline with what independent therapist advises, what i'd really like advise on is how to tackle the NHS therapist on Tuesday, this particular therapist i got on with REALLY well with - but she hasn't seen DS for over 2 years yet during our phone conversation said that he isn't the type of child she will be able to sit up a table and assess on tuesdays visit - although he manages to sit at a table for a whole hour with independent SaLT she also said she won't be recommending a particular amount of sessions per week - she thinks if myself and his TA are trained that will be more helpful!!!????!!!!

I'm wondering if the NHS therapist writes a report for his annual review ( it will be completely different from the independent therapists report ) do i keep quiet about the IN therapists assessment and try and discredit everything NHS therapist writes- we'll be videoing his private sessions so if the NHS tharapist says she can't get him at a table to assess then that will be complete ###### and we'll have proof! I'm now speaking to a solicitor as i'm prepared to take this all the way even to judicial review ( which she'll be advising me on ) - i just feel i've let my son down by not fighting this years ago - but i just wasn't aware of my rights, you think the LEA and therapists are doing everything they can to help but unfortunatly it isn't like that.

sorry for the long post!! any advice would be really appreciated!! hope this made sense! :tearful: