Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

2nd Social Worker visit at Home

This morning was a meeting with the SW and i really do have to say that i am quite shocked at the help that seems to be on the cards for us now. She is going to start the sessional worker involvement AND start the process of finding a suitable respite placement for T, im happy that things seem to be moving in the right direction whether they work out or not is another story but hey im willing to try and all i have ever wanted is help to cope with the life T & i live.

We discussed my family & freinds support in depth and it showed clearly that i have a strong network of personal support and i told them that forums of parents/carers like myself have been a massive support because until just over a year ago i never knew they existed and what a life saver they are, i told her we go away a lot even if it is hard but i visit family & friends down south to make sure T still has the involvement of people that have always been in his life. I told her my family support is fantastic and without them i would be lost in many ways, i have a large family and not all play a big part but them that do couldnt do enough and given the fact they have their own lives, families and jobs to do they still do so much for me & T.

I think she was impressed and so was the other SW that was with her (same lady as last time and they will always be both of them that visit me to keep it consistant for our family they said) they were nodding a lot and saying thats good when i was telling them the facts of the people who are in our life. They were impressed about my forum and took the name i told them just google to find it (she wrote down the name) i told her i meet with parents when possible and its great to feel 'accepted' and the parents i meet dont judge me but VERY much understand me & accept Ts behaviour which i have struggled to find when meeting people in general while living for 2 years in this area.

I think this meeting was very productive and it highlighted the point that i am not a bad mother and all i have ever wanted is help for us both, i dont want T out of school nor do i want the stresses that come with fighting for a special needs child, i thanked them for all what they are doing now and that i appreciate any help they can offer me.

Bambi x