Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

Respite govment gives �25m

Has anyone seen this propsal, 25million for respite, interesting isnt it, sadly I wont be getting any respite.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6381207.stm

JsMum

ROFL! Like we will see any of it! Can any of you remember the so called Autism Plan for Children that was done, oh must be 3 years ago now............ Four weeks respite a year that said. I'm still waiting, dont know about you all. But if the respite could be acrude then I must be due 12 weeks this year!

Sarah

Edited by Diamondmask

I like the bit where it says EMERGENCY Respite!!!

like if we where lucky on recieving it, it would only be for an emergancy?

I remember once when I couldnt take any more I got priority care, guess what it was, 1hr and 45 mins of a sessional worker, so how I coped for the rest of the 46hrs and 15 mins I dont know but this is what they gave me when we where an urgent case on a weekend.

it all doesnt make sence as when I try and access anything they are pretty sure there is NO budget, and where not criteria!

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

the last time things got really tough with us and our 3 AS kids SS said all they could do was send someone round to drive them to my parents for the night(my dad was recovering from heart triple by-pass!!!!!).

We live on an island (very big island) and how they were getting kids off the island at a time of night we couldn't work out,needless to say the kids stayed and we got through yet another crisis without SS help.