Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

menopause!!!!

Well ladies, I think its happened the moment Ive been dreading for years, I think Ive hit the menopause.

I would love to hear any experiences, my Mum had a rotten time and Imhoping history wont repeat. I dont want to become a sweaty,weeping one minute, snarling the next complete nightmare.

An autistic son and a menopausal wife, poor hubby and puppy will be packing their bags as I write this.

I'm going through the same :tearful: .

I've got an idea, why don't all us menopausal women fly off to somewhere nice.........only to give our poor families a break from our mood swings of course :whistle:;)

Annie xx

>:D<<'>

Guest flutter

there are many ways of dealin with the physical bits of meno

keep fluids up for flushes, keep ice pack in freezer for nite time, put at base of neck as flush hits

i have been in surgical meno for years, so have tired all the other things lol

so shout if u want any advice lol

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

cos i know how much of a ###### it is

xxx

Oooohhhh, that would be lovely, somewhere exotic for the duration. Ive just read it can take 5 to 6 years!!

I dont think we would get many visitors, snarl!!

(I think Ive discovered another sympton, over use of exclamation marks, very annoying)

Lorainexx

:lol::lol:

It's probably safer all round not having visitors :devil:

Hi Flutter,

Thanks for the tip :thumbs: . There's been a few times when my lot have had the heating on and been dressed for the Arctic and me in next to nothing wanting to jump in a cold shower :o:rolleyes: .

Annie

xx

Edited by annie

This time last year I was convinced I was going through an early menopause!!!! I had hot flushes, raving mood swings (worse than usual :o ).... to cut a longish story short I went and had a blood test and found out I had an over active thyroid... :unsure: I'd put the tremors and tiredness down to stress..... I took some pills for a while and that completely sorted it out! Back to my normal manic hysteria rather than the exagerated version :lol:

Basically what I was wanting to say is... don't assume it's the menopause... go and have a blood test to confirm.

Flora :D

:lol::lol:

No problems Flozza, mine's confirmed :rolleyes: . I keep reminding DH that just because I go between calm and caring to moody, miserable and wanting to kill (not literally :shame: ), I have a good excuse for it :D .

Annie

xx

Meno, what is that?? :o:lol: I went through it without any of those awful symptons thanks to a HRT and cod liver oil for joints. I've always been a bit moody so I didn't notice much change. :rolleyes:

Girls, you don't have to suffer nowadays with the menopause, ask your GPs for help. :shame: Curra XX