Sign in to follow this  
Annea

Does anyone mind if I whinge

Last week, I was on a real high.. but thelast two days have been rubbish!!!

As soem of you might know My dd diagnosed with A/S two yrs ago, I am smack in the middle of preparing for a tribunal for her statement, I also have a disability discrimination case being brought against the school because of a trip that she was excluded from last year...

I AM JUST SO TIRED!!!!!!

When the school speak to me, they are all "oh special needs children are so important here" that might be... we just seem to differ that my daughter has special needs.... they pay lip service to her needs and just don't understand why some of their lack of preparedness cause me so much difficulty.

My daughter has an LEA supplied taxi, and the company is excellent! BUT they need have stability in the times that they pick my daughter up frm school - obviously they are a business.... but the school just don't seem to understand this.... they change the times of choir all the time, it's on a different day each week, and at different times, sometimes it's cancelled on the day... drama is the same... and I often have my daughter in tears because she is either left stranded waiting for a taxi for an hour, or I have to cancel the LEA taxi and try to get her picked up at a different time... it's stressful all round... the school just see me as a fuss maker and it's a horrid atmpsophere when I go into school.

Ultimately the school is good and the education much better than anywhere else so I have to put up with it....

I feel like a deflated balloon today!!!!

sorry to rant..... I knwo you lot understand and I just needed to vent!!!

Anne :crying:

Go ahead and rant. It sometimes feels never ending, doesn't it? Just when you think that one thing might be sorted, something else needs dealing with.

Rant away Anne, it all sounds such a mess and so tiring for you, afraid I don't have any advice on this but can offer my support and a bucket load of these ... >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

this is a great place to let off steam, sorry to hear you are feeling so flat....

Hi Anne,

>:D<<'> >:D< It is very stressful when things go a bit pear shaped. I know there are a lot of mums on here that can emphasise with the troubles you have had with the taxi's. Perhaps they haven't noticed your post, but will hopefully come along soon and advise you how they sorted things out, I know for one Kathryn had lots of problems like this, perhaps you could PM her.

Dont ever apologise for a rant, its the only place where people listen..... many would agree.

Thinking of you

Fxx