JenRose

M keeps asking for a mobile phone

im undecided.

reason because he doesnt look after ANYTHING he gets, he doesnt even look after his computer stuff, im forever on his back telling him to put his PS2,XBOX away.

i understand the saftety thing and i also think theres some anxiety tied in eg when he goes out with my dad he likes to know where we are and what we are doing, but i dont want him phoning every 10 mins checking on us, we use that time to have a break from him.

i really dont know what to do for the best, any had this probelm, if so what did you do?

thanks

Hi JenRose,

I have the same concerns about giving M a mobile. He wouldn't keep one for long because he loses things from day to day. Then, as you say, he would phone me too much. As soon as I go out my mobile rings and it's M who wants to know when I'll be back. My phone bill has more phone calls to my mobile than anything else! :rolleyes:

It's not easy to make them see that it wouldn't be a good idea if they want to have one like other kids do. As he never goes out on his own, I don't have the safety concern but I guess it will be different once he starts going out. Drawing a thin circle with ink around his finger helps him remember something important. I would try doing that everytime he went out with the mobile but I wouldn't let him take it to school before he can remember that he has to carry it in his pocket.

What I mean to say is that if you think that it's important that your son has a mobile, maybe there's a way to teach him that he must always check he's got his mobile with him.

CurraXX

i debated for moths on buying the twins a mobile each so last year for their 10th birthday my husband decided we would get them one im glad we did theirs has a datebook in it where they can store all the importants stuff they have to remember it comes up with a reminder on the day of what they have stores eg dentis or doctors appts you could also buy him a neck hanger so he could wear round his neck and would not loose it,the twins wanted to constantly phone us but we pointed out it was cheaper to send a txt to us this went on for a while but they soon became bored with having to txt all the time,im really glad i brought them one as when we are in town and they decide they want to go to another shop than the one im in but not too far from me i can txt them to ask if they are ok,and i do not let them take them to school as our school has a no policy of mobile phones which i think is a good thing hope this helps keep smilin karin :):):)

My mum gave Bill a mobile phone for christmas, she'd put �30 of credit on it. He used up the credit by downloading a couple of sonic games, played them for about 14 hours and now the phone is sitting in the kitchen drawer. He didn't use it to make a single call. :lol: