witsend

New school sorted (at last!)

Hi just wantd to post an update on the school situation and to say thanks again to all who help me out posting on here. :thumbs:

Last time I posted we were in dilemmas about which school to 2choose2 for ds to transfer to, as he's very unhappy at present special school....well for those who can remember the choices we have decided not tosend him to large CofE (good reputation, difficult to get in) local school which is just as well really because they have said no te admitting him anyway!! Think this is largely because of this other child saying he doesn't want mny son to go there, it makes me feel a bit sad and mad but at the end of the day I realised if the school and the pupils are being this obstructive already it could well turn out to be a nightmare for my son if he went there should we win on appeal, so have decided not to bother.

On the positive side we went to look round other (independant grammar school) yesterday and it was really nice, headmaster very nice human and approachable, small class sizes, lots of activities son will enjoy, good structure, straightforward fair discipline system, good senco support, and ds though disappointed about first school actually looking forward to starting this school now. :)

LEA quite happy to send him there and agreed they had big reservations about the first school too. Only drawback being the school is still an hour away in taxi but nothing is perfect eh? :rolleyes:

LEA just have to sort out transport, paperwork etc (which I'm praying won't take them too long) and he can start straight away.

It's been a long haul but for now at least I can exhale. :P

Luv Witsend.

PS just wondering who sorts uniform out, at present school LEA paid for it, will it be the same with this school does anyone know? Not that it matters just realsied no ones mentioned it yet.

Brilliant, Witsend, so glad to hear everything is falling into place. :thumbs: It sounds like you've made the best choice and what a change to hear of an LEA who is actually cooperating. :)

I'm not sure about the uniform and exactly what the LEA will fund at an independent school - I'm sure someone with experience of this will advise.

Let us know how he gets on,

K x