Sign in to follow this  
llisa32

I gotta rant!

Hi All,

I've got to let off some steam....so pls forgive me..

Firstly I now feel like the wicked mum of the west.....secondly..the 'nice' school with the 'nice' teachers are starting to drive me round the bend!

Back in Feb this year when I still had my head in the sand re possible Aspergers the sports teacher mentioned that J was county standard in sport and as the open scholarships were taking place why not apply? We spoke to his teacher and asked about how much like a 'test' it would all feel, did they think he could cope...what sort of standard did he need to be able in the maths and english portion etc and if they felt it was worthwhile putting him forward.

They all came back and said yes....would be just like another lesson....worth having a go

So...result was that he didn't get a scholarship and has moaned at me on and off ever since about the PE element asking 'why did you make me do that PE test thing'.

This morning I've finally had a meeting with his class teacher and head of year to discuss his performance and this is why they are doing my head in.

They expected him to get a middle or top score in maths - he came in the bottom

The LSU for Dyslexia says he now has a reading age of around a year above his age - score in test was a year below

The sports teacher said his marks were low because he's growing at an amazing rate and currently he hasn't got enough control over his limbs but he'll grow into them!!!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

So.....the pressure of the day obvs was too much re the maths result....PE - seems to fit with why although he can move himself at a very fast pace he hates it. And english....The LSU teacher hadn't even spoke with his head of year about withdrawing support when he goes into year3!!!! ARRRGGGHHH again!. And now I've seen the test results, plus now I also know he's a little anxious about year 3 I'm going to have to re-instate the LSU lessons even if it's just once a week.

His teacher agrees once a week in year 3 while he settles is the best idea....but flippin heck! - how comes all this stuff says something to me but not them!

Or is it me :)