dooday24

blue badge

Yes, my daughter has one. She tires easily and cannot walk long distances - she usually walks with support. At the moment she gets DLA at higher rate mobility which automatically qualifies her for a blue badge.

K x

We have one due to severe behavioural difficulties when out (sometimes bizarrely he's fine!)

It depends on the day we are having as to whether I'd use it. (And when I really need it it always seems to be in dp's car!)

bagpuss and jlp do yr children get high rate mobility?

Yes, but I had to fight for it. They refused on reconsideration twice but we won on appeal for the behavioural problems. The DLA people tried to say that we weren't entitled as G does not have learning difficulties but the appeal saw my point that yes he has 'high intelligence' academically (although this isn't reflected in his school work) but there is a difference between that and 'common sense'. G has thrown a brick into traffic on a very busy road (we were passing a building site and he wondered what would happen), he runs away, throws himself to the ground, hits people and shouts at them etc so mobility is definately a problem!

Having said that apparently you can get a blue badge on low mobility if you state your case. We were turned down when on low mobility but I didn't explain our problems in much detail on the form and I think we might possibly have won had we appealed and stated why we needed one in more detail.

I was told recently the your GP can have a huge influence on getting a blue badge - some even applying and completing forms for you etc - regardless of what level of DLA your child recieves................

Haven't tried it myself - but might be worth a go if your GP's understanding.

:)

My son is on low rate mobility and ive got one

i did enclose a letter in the form though and what can happen with him when out ect..............

but yeah they ask your gp...as well.

you also dont have to pay the parking charges on some car parks with it..........so its a big help really as well as being able to accsess the disabillity parking.......

though i may add ive had a few run ins with other people about the parking- i think there was a thread about it recently too.........because they look at you gone out when they see you get out with your son/daughter.....ect.....as if you have no right to park there and they do.... :rolleyes::rolleyes: