Sign in to follow this  
hev

comes across as a bully

steven is verycontrolling,today i said i was going in town,what followed was him screaming about and kicking things so for easy life i stayed in,it was him acting up and i shouldnt have given in,hes been a little g** today and when hes like this hes not very likeable,say no to him and hes terrible

Hi

Know exactly what you mean. My son is 5 and can be extremely controlling, manipulative, defiant, aggressive ... you name it! My worry is that if he's like this now, what will he be like in later life? I know that if I give him an inch, he'll take a mile. It's sooooooooooo wearing! I feel like I've run out of steam every now and again. Guess, there's nothing else for it but to keep plodding on. CAMHS have referred my son to a unit (only 18 kids a year go there!). First appointment, he was going to climb out the window. When I told him to come away from the window as I was worried he'd hurt himself, he was in my face telling me how he was going to punch and stab me! In actual fact, he wasn't at his 'best'. Anyhow, it was enough for them to offer us with a place there are then! Just hope it helps - funny how things only happen, when someone else ie teacher can't cope, but yet no one listens when you say you can't cope!?

Sorry Hev, know you're having a really tought time. I've probably not made you feel any better. Really hope things start looking up for you soon.

Take care.

Caroline.

Guest Lya of the Nox

hev my dd is just the same

it is i think hormones, and the need to be in control

x

My daughter is actually less controlling now at nearly 13 than she was in her early years.

We do however still have agression problems.

Within the family setting where she feels comfortable, she is very 'bossy' and pushy, but as she has to try to keep her emotions in check at school and outside etc, I have sort of accepted that within these walls something has to give.

Really tough though isn't it when we look at our kids and don't like how they are sometimes (a lot of the time)

Anne

Edited by Annea