Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

I'm Back!

Hi I've been away for about 4-5 months for various reasons including PC problems, holidays etc.

Things good here, got a busy week at school with an OT visit (woo hoo - at last!) and the SALT (another new one) is popping into school on Thursday to spend an hour with my son then meet me afterwards to claim she knows everything about him based on that one visit. Sigh! He has got his Year 1 review in two weeks, so I am trying to find a suitable junior school for him to name on his report (which is difficult when all schools claim to be the best!) Seen a couple of good ones and a couple of real horrors, will continue searching.

My son is doing really well, he currently has a couple of obsessions, namely Tom & Jerry cartoons and his Tamagotchi (thanks to my sister for buying him that!) No real issues with him at the moment apart from tone of voice (usually innappropriately too loud) and limited diet.

I joined a local Aspergers Parents Group - only went once because they scared me to death (they had older kids), it was a glimpse of the future I didn't necesarily want to see.

I am relaxing more about my 2 year old being on the spectrum, he is showing more and more signs of not being ASD the minor grey areas are possibly copied behaviour. He cheers me up by saying "don't worry mummy, be happy, love you mummy!" whenever there is a crisis occuring.

Anyway that's my news, I'm glad to be back!

Good to see you back, Stephanie. :)

Glad things are going well for you at the moment: good luck in your ongoing search for a new school.

K x