Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Semantic Pragmatic

the CDC team think R has either SPD or ASD and they are making their decision at our next review meeting.

when i spoke to R,s speech therapist the other day he said that its unusual for a child to be dx,d with SPD at R,s age (3)

her language is very uneven, she has selective mutism in certain situations,places but then when she is visiting my mums

she doesnt stop babblin to the point where she talks so fast you cant understand her.

she makes up her own words like for instance instead of giving us a hug she says i give you a dee-dah (?)

she mixes her words up for instance i wanna my knee means she wants to sit on my knee.

she also copies movements and other peoples actions which to us is in agreement with the CDC but the SLT didnt seem to think so.

if you have a child with SPD was your child older than R when they were dx,d?

Hi ya, my son was diagnosed with ASD (high functioning) at age of 4 yrs - we were told that SPD blurred into ASD - my son had "copied" imagination along with all the other triad concerns (communication and social interaction.......) and so ticked all boxes.

Good luck ...

Hi I have only just learnt that J has SPD so been on the net and got into this website its really good and gives loads of examples especially on the information section, the info is excellent and maybe you could ask the parents forum the age diagnosis.

http://www.spdsupport.org.uk/info.html

JsMum