Sign in to follow this  
Annea

8 weeks no reply ....

Anyone know how much longer I might have to wait to hear from them re my family fund application? it's 8 weeks now....

Anne

Edited by Annea

Anyone know how much longer I might have to wait to hear from them re my application? it's 8 weeks now....

Anne

I am asuming you are talking about your DLA ,I think mine took just under 8weeks, have you checked your bank account ?

My sons money was paid in before i got anything through the post. Maybe you should give them a ring and ask how your claim is going, at least you will have some indication. Good luck

:) Hi

I think this may vary, I was informed on the letter 8 weeks, but I think it was a month it was decided, but on reconsideration I was informed 11 weeks and it was actually 3 weeks after they replied to this, now on appeal they have said 11 weeks, and its almost a month now.

My son's claim is being dealt with in Cardiff in South Wales, I understand the main of the DLA claims are dealt with in Blackpool.

The amount of time will possibly depend on if they need further information and waiting to receive it. (especially from professionals etc).

Hope you hear very soon and hope its good news, good luck.

Give them a ring, they may be able to inform you if a decision is about to be made or at what stage its at.

Luv Di x :D

Hiya we're waiting on a reconsideration for M's mobility and when I phoned today (its been 11+ weeks),I was told it went straight for the decision and they didnt need any more info BUT the wait at decision level is now 14 weeks :wallbash: HTH DX

Oops sorry everyone had a mini moment of madness yesterday I am sure i had posted this in the family fund thread....

Must be going mad........

sorry!!!!!

The question still stands!!

Anne

:lol::rolleyes:

Anne - I applied last August - and i'm still waiting!! :o

I contacted them through the email addy on the FF site, and they replied very quickly. They seem to be very busy!

HTH :)

:lol::rolleyes:

Anne - I applied last August - and i'm still waiting!! :o

I contacted them through the email addy on the FF site, and they replied very quickly. They seem to be very busy!

HTH :)

OMG thats nearly a year!!!!

I had a letter back from them within a week of sending the application and it said 8- 12 weeks!

Wow, I won't hold my breath then!

Has anyone else who applied after August been visited???

Anne

Have known it take over a year. From what I know the Farepak fund was also being ran from their office and anything that was handed in after about December time last year is taking even longer.

Have known it take over a year. From what I know the Farepak fund was also being ran from their office and anything that was handed in after about December time last year is taking even longer.

Have just glanced through the family fund thread an their are a couple of people who had sent their forms in some time after August and have had awards made.

Did you say you had checked that they had actually received your application Smiley?

I suppose this is what happens when a charity can make a real difference... they get deluged!

Anne

Had my visit today from the family fund man,

he was very nice and not at all judgemental.

My house was a real tip!!

He has put us down for a holiday (he said something about having to choose from a selection with a company- does anyone know more about this? the places you can go etc?) He has also put us down for a new washing machine and clothes and bedding.

I am so very grateful for this fund, just not having to find the money for a new washer will be a god send.....

Anne

PS my application only took 10 weeks approx so hope for those who have applied and think its a long long wait!

Edited by Annea

quote>>He has put us down for a holiday (he said something about having to choose from a selection with a company- does anyone know more about this? the places you can go etc?)

Does anyone know about how the holiday thing goes with the family fund?

I am still waiting for the details to come through.

It's been 7 months since our last award but then it was �300 (paid into bank account) towards a holiday and just had to keep receipts, they may however have changed the way it's done now. New washing machine these are usually delivered to your door, I don't think there is a selection. Clothes and bedding a friend got �80 recently towards this.

It's good that he's put you down for a few things on your first application as when you apply again after a year they will only usually grant one item.