Sign in to follow this  
raelien

D.O.R.E

came across this place...

http://www.dore.co.uk/default.aspx?c1=YSM:...mp;kw=aspergers

Im seriously considering treatment for my boy, the guy on the phone seemed to thing it would help with balance, co-ordination, self confidence, Clumsiness and general automatic learning, like tying shoelaces.

it seems too good to be true, and I have watched the DVD the sent with interest, looking for flaws, - the catch, - well about �3 thousand i reckon, and not sure it qualifies for any funds or grants as may be considered alternative therapy.

I wondered, - do any of you know of someone that has had this kind of treatment for Aspergers?. was it effective, is it worth the money?

there doesnt seem to be much research out there yet that I can work with thats.

thanks

I don't know alot about it but i do no someone who has looked into it for her daughter and thinks it sounds great. Her friend did it for her son and said it worked well BUT..........................

I did read on here or another forum before that it is a rip off, i am sure someone will enlighten you to more helpful advice.

I have thought about it myself but after reading the thread someone else wrote it put me off.

Let us know what you decide, sorry i've not been any help

There is a much more recent thread but i can't find it right now... DORE in the 'search' doesn't find it :(

What I can say is that the DORE programme does provoke very strong feelings both for and against. They do use very strong/emotive language, and talk about 'cures' which there aren't...

I'm pushed for time now, but will try to find the newer thread tomorrow if i can (unless someone beats me to it! :thumbs: )

L&P

BD :D

wow thankx, i will trawl thru them tonight when my migraine has subsided, but very very much appreciate the effort you guys have gone to, there more info here than I have been able to find!!

thanks again