Sign in to follow this  
Lindyloo

Snorting

Luke has a very bad attack of hay feaver at tthe moment. Even the anti histamines are not helping overly, and he is constantly sneezing and rubbing his eyes. The big problem, though, is his nose. It is very blocked up at the moment, but instead of trying to blow it to clear it, Luke is constantly snorting. He come home from school yesterday saying he did not want to go today because he was getting in to trouble from both his teacher and class room assistant for doing it in class. I have told him to take tissues and blow instead, but it does not seem to have sunk in - he does not seem to be able to help himself.

Any ideas on how we can get him to stop?

Thanks,

Linda

Edited by Lindyloo

Aw, poor kid, I know how rotten hayfever feels. :( Trouble is, when your conk gets all stuffed up like that, blowing doesn't really help 'cos there's nothing really to come out, if you know what I mean. Snorting does sound hideous, though, doesn't it! :sick: You can get menthol drops that you drop onto a tissue to inhale that do help a bit. Also, rubbing vaseline around the edges of the nostrils is supposed to trap the pollen and prevent it from travelling up the hooter. It is really difficult, though, isn't it and he probably can't really help it. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

reece gets really bad hayfever too. and he ends up wiping his nose on anything from people too furniture :sick: sorry no advice i end wondering around with wetwipes.

Jonathan snorted for quite a few years ... we had a nasal 'puffer' thing that he used - used to dry his nose out but led to bad nose bleeds :wacko: - eventually he sort of grew out of it (little comfort I know :blink: ) and then moved on to slightly more unpleasant habits. :o

He's nearly 11 now and still can't blow his nose properly.