Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

clubs, creches, playschemes

Hi guys not been around for a while, new baby and toddler with the terrible twos has kept me very busy, Lewis however has never been better!

Anyway i have news of creches and suchlike that will take children on the Spectrum the downside is that it's in Edinburgh so i'm sorry to everyone who this doesn't appeal to,

First of all theres a large shopping centre who have a Creche and to be honest has been a godsend to me over the years with Lewis hating shops, crowds etc, i knew they took kids with additional support needs but i discovered the other day that they do one to one with kids who need it >:D<<'> FAB! There is also two summer playschemes that take kids with ASD one specifically for our kids and another for everyone :notworthy: The ages ranges vary so pm me if you want information it really is worth it -as i said the shopping thing i think we can all relate to even if it means an hour or two to browse or pick up something from Marksies for tea (i wish!!) or a cup of coffee, i am counting down the days till my toddler can go...... :thumbs:

Hope this helps!

Hi

I have two children with autism. My local playscheme took my 6 year old autistic son to the usual playscheme and he really enjoyed it. I am hoping to send him again this year.

Mandy

ALL childcare providers must make reasonable adjustments for ASD kids under the disability dicrimination act. We need to act if we find any that fail in this duty.

There is also two summer playschemes that take kids with ASD one specifically for our kids

Is this the same one I'm thinking of which is really over subscribed and costs quite a lot, all in advance and non-refundable if they can't find a venue? :huh: Or is this one I've never heard of before? B)