llisa32

Handwriting issues

Hi Lisa

Check out Ian's new web site. It was the full test I got for DS I had to pay for it, this I feel was well worth the money and he loves wearing the colored lenses they have helped him beyond my expectations.

I had a lot of doubts about going for the test but what I found out about DS's vision was amazing and it explained why he was having so much trouble daily.

Well worth the time and money!

Thanks for the encouragement Wishingwell..I'm definately considering it at the moment.

Trouble is it's a fair old hike from where we live and would mean an overnight stay etc, so just trying to figure out when/how/cost etc etc etc:)...all the usual :)

The first few YEARS, my son refused to even hold a pen in school, they would put it in his hands,he'd just drop it on the floor, they tried an elastic band to keep it in place, didn't work ! at home he'd scribble everywhere but nothing school related. It was soon clear homework of any kind was impossible, he'd only write (Print really), what he wanted to. School - home different planets. I never got used to the scenario where he was about 2 - 2 and a half where he would do reams of numbers and letters, used up loads of wallaper too doing it, he'd go to school and do nothing at all, then ' autism' kicked in he stopped everything.... (I still do not really understand how apparent 'normality' is the rule then 2-3 years of age then everything seems to shut down), His schoolwork now aged 12 is showing some signs he will write stuff, but it's hard going, he doesn't draw anything much either, colour is unconnected with the reality, just dots, heavy black lines everywhere....