Sign in to follow this  
madme

Port Aventura - Spain

Have been. It was fun. Got a fast pass although some of the staff in the park had obviously never seen it before- it was a white slip of paper- handwritten in spanish - saying (I think) please let on all rides at the exit- disabled. One young lady looked at my daughter and said she looks normal- go to the queue- I kept my cool and stood my ground- speaking a bit of french english and spanish- she apologised profusely. We managed to get a pass for both kids with letters in english stating the dx- which they took away to examine and my son was freaking out that they were copying it. My son is a speed junkie- they had a new ride - have to say I thought I was going to die- never again but would recommend the "Dragon Khan"- 8 loop roller coaster- great views towards the sea- through squinting eyes! I managed it a few times and by the end could open my eyes for most of it- what we do for our kids eh?

We went to Portaventura in May and had lots of problems getting a fast pass. we were told we could only have a pass for C who has ASD and one adult. we were having a family holiday with him and his two sisters. it took alot of time to convince them that having a pass for only two people was not actually going to be of any benefit as he would still have to stand around waiting for us to come off the rides. still, we had a good time eventually!

We went in October last year and had no trouble getting a pass. The only annoying thing was that we stayed for 3 days and had to go to guest relations every day to get a new pass. Why they couldn't do like Disney and write a pass for the duration of your stay, I don't know!

Had a really good time though and would definitely like to go again when the water park is open. We arrived the day after it closed for the winter.