Sign in to follow this  
di30

Letter from Council's support services

Hi all :thumbs:

This morning I received a letter from my local council support services (under social services - benefits advice), apparently they posted the letter yesterday and I received it this morning, but I had forgotten that I had emailed them a while back, the support worker was going to visit me today at 4 pm, so as I was not available for that time and receiving the letter today it was very short notice i had tried ringing and emailing them to also ask what was it in aid of due to the email I sent them previously slipped my mind. :unsure:

Anyway at 2 pm just before going out, there was a knock on the door, it was the lady who was going to visit at 4 pm, so she explained the reason why she sent the letter was because she was referred by someone to help deal with my situation.

It had then clicked it was regarding the disability living allowance tribunal for my son which will take place in September.

Didn't get the chance to speak much to her when she knocked the door as she just said it was regarding the DLA advice/info and for me to now contact her tomorrow.

Does anyone know if these support social workers help represent at DLA tribunals as I don't want to waste anyone's time ?

I have tried on a number of occasions to contact DIAL in hope we will have some support from them - but not heard a thing.

We have left stacks of emails and telephone messages, but nothing in feedback. :wacko:

Thank you in advance.

Di xx :thumbs: