wilson

AS or growing up?

Hello,

My son's behaviour seems to be getting worse and I do not know whether this is to do with his ASD, his age or the holidays. He has started to touch me and his brother inappropriately, he flies into rages and hits me and his little brother and he seems to have become more deeply focused on his obsessions, sometimes to the extent that it is no longer possible to have a 'normal' conversation with him.

Could his AS be getting 'worse' or should I be looking for other factors that might have caused this change in behaviour?

(I apologise for using the term 'worse' as it implies AS is something bad. I just couldn't think of another word).

Hi Wilson,

how old is your son? My son is 6 and a half and he sounds a bit like yours. I have to tell him all the time to stop touching my bum. He also hits out a lot - I've got a bruise on my leg from when he belted me the other night. If he doesn't get his own way he has a meltdown but even if he does get his own way, something or other won't good enough.

As for 'normal' conversation, well that depends on his mood. He can argue brilliantly though and usually always wins :crying:

I'm very interested in what other people have to say!

Eva

hi hun

all people with asd have focused intrests which do change from time to time.

Putting a time limit on the activity will help.

I have the same problem i am so intense with something i can not have a pee for hours and hours even though i need to

i can go without food or drinks just to do what i want to do.

its only when i am reminded to do something that i jerk back in the world of normal and do what i do.

then straight back to it.

I seemed to have more odd behaviours during puberty body changes and such

i was amazed at how a woman as and a man was

the problem is knowing what is allowed

My advice would be to make a rule page for your house

and have the not touching (privates ) has one of the rules

most people with AS will follow a rule to the latter

but once the rules are made do not change them make sure the rules are complete

hpope this helps hun

shell

Hello,

My son is 8. We have rules and the hitting and touching are firmly on the 'don't do' list. However, we may need to run through the rule book again.

Thanks for the advice.