Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Rosie freaked at nursery yesterday

yesterday i took rosie to nursery, we have to follow a very strict routine, down to what i say to her and she says to me.

when i take her in usually her key worker or familiar nursery worker immediately takes her off me and talk to her reassuringly and talks to her about what

is happening, would she like toast etc.

yesterday i took her in and there were 2 new workers who were just sat with the children and none of them batted an eyelid when we walked in, she freaked and clung on to my hair and i couldnt put her down, so then i had to go and look for her afternoon worker who is also the SENCO and she took her off me and rosie was ok.

when we picked her up the SENCO said she kept her with her all morning and afternoon as "she was upset cos there were unfamiliar faces there this morning"

this comes from the lady who at first refused to admit rosie had a language prblem (she has an ICAN place) and who brushed off all talk of ASD even though the Paediatrician strongly suspects it.

we are due to start the statementing process off soon, just waiting for our independent psych to go in and asess her.

Hi,

I carnt offer any advice, sorry just wanted to let you know i know just how you feel my DD (also Rosie Btw) had a similar problems at nursery whenever one of the staff that she had taken to wasnt there.

But to be honest i think i would have a word with her keyworker, at the very least i think they should have let you know so that you could have helped prepare dd for things being a little differant.