Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

looking after yourself..........

Im reading a book at the moment by brenda boyd -parenting a child with asperger syndrome

as theres been alot of posts of late feeling like we are bad parents i thought the first bit in her book applys to us all.......its under laying the foundations -looking after yourself.........

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=E_4svBS...SbXFPg2vTJWzLl8

hugs to everyone feeling low >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D<

rq xxx

I was told by a close friend today to look after myself too, I believe it is so important to look after yourself too, and I believe in the positive thinking too as hard as it is, that is why I like massage and swimming and cycling, yesterday I booked in for a trim to have my hair tidyed up, and I love baths and cammomile tea so I do try, and its worth it because it really does make a difference to your own mental health and emotions.

passing on the positives too.

JsMum

How very true.

I haven't looked after myself that well recently and the stress has finally got to me. I broke my foot last week and HAD to start asking for help, and it's been flowing in and I am much more relaxed. It's funny how I feel like my broken foot is an "acceptable" reason to ask for help, but the fact that I am not coping with my (disabled) child isn't....

I am going to make sure I look after myself from now

Shamu

;)

Shamu....

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope you'll soon be on the mend, maybe this is a good opportunity for you to recharge your batteries and for others to see how difficult it can be caring for your child.

Take care

Clare x x x

How very true.

I haven't looked after myself that well recently and the stress has finally got to me. I broke my foot last week and HAD to start asking for help, and it's been flowing in and I am much more relaxed. It's funny how I feel like my broken foot is an "acceptable" reason to ask for help, but the fact that I am not coping with my (disabled) child isn't....

I am going to make sure I look after myself from now

Shamu

;)

You feel it because that's the way other people expect you to be, at least in my experience. You have to show that you are vulnerable and not coping before you get any input and that is so hard to do, especially if you have to fight to get what you need, it's no wonder we end up demoralised and depressed.