Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Please excuse me while I rant

I am a very frustrated woman and need a rant. :wallbash::wallbash: Annual review for Ben today -going so so well until the last two minutes.Iwas really pleased and looked forward to things going more smoothly.

At this point the OT dropped in that she was going to take Ben off her books as he has not been having any support from her.

Firstly he has not had support because she has not done what she should have done-as documented in the statement.

Secondly we had not pushed for input as Ben is already having ouutreach support and psychotherapy and we made a decision that another session out of class would be too much-but never said that he did not need the support at all.The OT knew this.

Fortunately the LEA recognise that the OT would have to make a recomendation to SEN panel and she cannot just withdraw the service.But why do we have to spend so much time and energy fighting. :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash:I cannot find words to describe how I feel.....It is bad enough when people are straight in withdrawing a service....but she dropped it in in such a way she hoped those at the meating would not spot the implications.

Ben has a Dx of DCD with Social Communication Difficulties as the professionals cannot agree on a Dx of AS.So OT is currently an important part of the provision cleary documented.Without an AS diagnosis the removal of OT could have a big impact on his educational provision

Fortunately the other professional are supportive and the school are not happy now that they understand what the OT is trying to do.

I think it is truly awful that professionals can be so devious and expect parents not too notice.

:ninja::ninja::ninja: Karen.

Everything borderline in health (SALT, OT etc.) is cut to the bone. Whereas previously finding a SALT for a job was like prospecting for gold in Clacton, the new graduates are often unemployed. The reason is that the public notice if A&E get the cut (they are, not as much) but OT etc. only affect those who directly receive it. You'll just have to fight for what is on the statement and wasn't done.