soraya

Waterloo Road

Did anyone watch this last night? Nick loves this programme and we sat down to watch it together but when the girl with aspergers came on i thought "oh no bang goes my peacefull evening" Nick went crazy as the TV tends to portray all aspergers as being rude and violent, he was trying to phone the BBC to complain, and was very angry. The thing is he forgets about last month when i had to call the police as he was attacking me!!!

I think its good that they highlighted what difficulties our children have in school, but i dont think they should be portraed as violent as it makes other people frightened of them, i expect that a lot of aspies will have a hard time at school today as a direct result of the programme. What do you guys think?

Hiya

I was so glad my daughter was busy on the computer!!!! Like you, I have had to call the police out for violence in the home but when she attended school she was NEVER violent or even slightly agressive - she saved that for when she got home!! Like you, I worry that the BBC has portrayed this problem very negatively on various aspects such as the girls actual behaviour to the way the Headmaster and other staff dealt with her.

Gail