Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

help needed

hi all -i have already done a post in advice section about transport to school without a statement

i want to ask these few questions

does getting a statement have to depend on just the education side?

can i not ask for one on other grounds also

like the trouble with sensory overload and getting my son in school and home

plus the playground is another one-

im getting feed back of my son that he only plays with one person -and that person also has sen-he is becoming more and more seggreated or so from what hes told me -teachers would say different im sure

but i think hes noticing it himself -that the others dont want to play with him-they even told him this ect...

i do have some reports from salt and it says about him having some anxitey and poor social skills and him playing in playground on outskirts of children but not truley interacting.

then it goes on to say that its not effecting his learning ect.....

ive read lots of everyones posts and from what ive read it looks terrible trying to get a statement,im unsure what to do....but deep down i feel my son is suffering at some level-and as they get older i think it would go worse and show up more ,but as it stands i am not sure what grounds i have about it all.

p.s i am really rubbish at communication too-and everytime i speak to teachers ect i do not get my point across very well.

Hi Rainbow queen.The provision for children with SEN should enable the child to access the whole curriculum.This includes break time and lunch times.Hence if your child is finding these times difficult then the school needs to put support in place at these times.

If you decide to request a Statutary Assessment and the LEA agrees to assess then you will be able to submit information about how your child copes outside of school.You can also include details regarding how your child's experience of school impacts life at home.

Is your child already getting some input at school for SEN at School Action or School Action Plus ?

Usually the School need to demonstrate that they have used all available resources [ from the funding delegated ] and the child still requires further support before the LEA will agree to issue a statement.Karen.

hes on school action plus-there was ideas given to his teacher from the salt/asd lady as to how things could help him back in sept that was

but u have no idea really of whats been done for him as its not like specfic 1 to 1 stuff

last year at school he was in a little group every week -and he loved this and often talks about that now -i think its because he had more 1to 1 then.

hes on school action plus-there was ideas given to his teacher from the salt/asd lady as to how things could help him back in sept that was

but u have no idea really of whats been done for him as its not like specfic 1 to 1 stuff

last year at school he was in a little group every week -and he loved this and often talks about that now -i think its because he had more 1to 1 then.