Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

Stressed out

Oh dear, another awful day :tearful:

It's okay having all the tactics such as checklists, routines etc etc, but when your children just don't cooperate with anything and make things worse and worse. Even though you can see disaster looming, sometimes it feels like nothing you do makes a difference.

None of my children will get out of bed (or off the floor, Lucy won't even sleep in her room). They smell, won't get washed. Scream at me because they are going to get in trouble for not doing their homework, although they refused to do it, or swore blind they didn't have any. Don't check their lists, leave stuff behind.

This morning Catriona couldn't find her tie, so it was keep looking and be late, or go without it. Can't tell you how many times I have tried to help them lay their stuff out for the morning, but they slam doors in my face and won't let me help. So she refused to get out the car at school. I got really cross with her and eventually when I got her out she stood banging her fists on my car demanding to go home.

I've had Tom at CAMHS this pm. Now Lucy has been sulking 'cos her Dad picked her up instead of me and is crying because her room is such a tip, partly because she hit the youngest so Tom tipped everything out her drawers. But she won't let him in to clear up the mess..... :wallbash:

Even hubby is upset because the children act like he doesn't exist.

Well, I was supposed to writing an assignment today. I have guests coming tomorrow and I really feel like crawling into bed instead of starting to clear up.

Thanks for the space to vent my frustration!

hi shona,

i too am having a terrible time today, to start with we always have trouble in the morning getting ready for school, we have check lists up so he knows what order he is meant to get ready in anjd the routine for when he comes downstairs but it never works out as idillic as i have it in my head!!!!

Ds complained of feeling ill thius am i thought it was to get out of school, so i sent him and said if you were really too ill to be at school they would ring. well guess what they did at lunch time so like a good mum i went and picked him up, yes he looked peaky but once home was absolutley fine (think i was had some how).

since we've picked my youngest up from school all hell has broke loose and all over tidying his bedroom. dh and i sent him upstairs about 45mins ago and all we've had is shouting and screaming that he hates me and i'm the most awful mum there ever was etc and he wishes he could die :tearful: this is becoming so regular I just can't keep doing this!! I feel so ######. he has known for the last 3 days that he needed to do his room. we've offered to help but this is causing more probs than it is solving and is adding to the shouting and screaming.

My youngest ds is just quietly getting on with his room and even tho he isn't saying anthing to his brother he is constantly getting told to shut up and go away poor little ds doesn't know whether he is coming or going :crying:

if we try to ignore him we get abuse and told that we are always happy with little ds and not him even when we tell him that this is not the case :wallbash::wallbash:

I'm sorry i now feel like i've taken over your venting space

all hell has broke loose and all over tidying his bedroom. dh and i sent him upstairs about 45mins ago and all we've had is shouting and screaming that he hates me and i'm the most awful mum there ever was etc and he wishes he could die :tearful: this is becoming so regular I just can't keep doing this!! I feel so ######. he has known for the last 3 days that he needed to do his room. we've offered to help but this is causing more probs than it is solving and is adding to the shouting and screaming.

:wallbash::wallbash:

I'm sorry i now feel like i've taken over your venting space

No vent away!

We have this problem exactly and you can't be the most awful mum, since apparently I am! I honestly think with tidying rooms, they just don't know where to start and this causes meltdown. On several occassions I have gone soft and sorted it all out thinking once they've a tidy base it'll be easier to keep on top of, but as you say, when they won't cooperate it never works out. Rooms are always trashed within 24 hours.

Yep, Daisy, I can't beat 6, but my 5 with all their problems send me scatty at times!

Shona

Hello,

Bad mothers? You both sound like saints. I only have two and there are times when they drive me to distraction. However, it is those special moments, like today when the little one told me he loved me more than the world and all of space, that I cling on to and remember.