Sign in to follow this  
tmf

Do you live in or around Berkshire?

Hi,

Was just wondering if any of you lived in or around Berkshire?

I don't know how any of you were treaated once you had a DX, but my experience was quite poor. We had DX, then DR said that's it now you're on your own.

:wallbash::wallbash: Not knowing anything about AS i found this really hard, finally got put on a 4 week course, but this was just for info on what AS is and how it fits onto the spectrum. This was great in itself as enabled me to explain to others about his condition, however for everyday life on how to handle my son there was nothing.

Any websites i looked at pretty much told me the same thing as what the course had.

It has got to the point now where i can't keep burying my head under the carpet anymore hoping that i can carry on as before because i know in my heart of hearts i can't. It's not good for DS, me or the family.

Anyway back to the point, i just wanted to get in touch with people in this area who can share there experiences or advice on where to go fo help. If it wasn't for this site i would probably have gone mad by now!

:pray:

I don't know if this is against forum rules as such so sorry moderators if it is!

Please feel free to PM if you prefer......really don't mind, just looking for some advice....thanks

xx

Dont worry, tmf. :)

Just to clarify the rules: it's fine on the open forum to share experiences of support and services generally available in an area. However, if people want to discuss and name particular professionals or organisations, and give out contact details, this should be done via pm.

I'm not from Berks myself: hopefully someone who is will be along soon.

K x

Know how you feel TMF, we too were basically sent away with an information pack and that was that ! Sadly no real on hands help is offered by the pro's you tend to have to try and find out stuff yourself, just by chance I was able to find a local support group for parents with children with disabilities and found 3 Mum all with 12 yr old boys with AS like mine, they have been a God send just like this forum. Don't know where abouts you are in Berkshire, we are in Woking Surrey, so if its not too far you are more than welcome to join us. PM me if you'd like more info.

You don't have to deal with all this alone, the help is out there.

Take care Hun and stay strong

>:D<<'> Clare x x x x

Dont worry, tmf. :)

Just to clarify the rules: it's fine on the open forum to share experiences of support and services generally available in an area. However, if people want to discuss and name particular professionals or organisations, and give out contact details, this should be done via pm.

I'm not from Berks myself: hopefully someone who is will be along soon.

K x

Thank you Kathryn, i wasn't sure so its reassuring to know i have not been a 'naughty' girl :lol:

Thank you clare for your Pm. I am the wrong side of Berkshire for Woking, but thank you very much for your kind offer.