Sign in to follow this  
ediebee

Just need to share a difficult time again

Hello everone, it's been a while since we've been on the forum, have checked in from time to time to keep up with you all. Anyway having a rough time at the minute, sorry to be in touch over troubled times. Son has been on meds for 18 months now and things overall have improved. But recently he's had some anger outbursts that have reached a whole new level, threatening teachers with scissors today and throwing chairs. I feel really down that we just seem to go round in circles, but I know I'm feeling drained by it all again. Head teacher has told me that he'll be speaking to the "authorities", (son is statemented with 30 hours 1-1 support). I don't know what advice any of you can offer, our our children are so different, what works with one isn't right for another. Is home schooling the right option ? The head has been trying to off load him into a EBD school for years, but he has autism and ADHD diagnosed, just don't know what to think tonight. Thanks for listening, it helps to know you are all out there too.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Sorry I do not have any advice but we are here and I know you are not alone-others have had similar difficulties.Karen

Karen, thanks for your kindness. After having had chance to sleep on it all, I am going to phone parent partnership on Monday, they have been very supportive in the past and have helped guide us through the stormy times, and I'll phone his consultant and get his next appt brought forward if I can. I know we are better off than many of you out there, with the level of support he has in school and being statemented etc.I hope you are all getting somewhere at helping your children, it really is a marathon for us all, and sometimes it feels like the finish line keeps being moved and the course is very much up hill. But a good runner responds to the cheers of the crowd and knowing all of you are out there is making me feel strong. I talked to my boy this morning and he wants to feel that he can cope again ,and we talked about the good times and how happy he has felt, I know many of you are not impressed by medication, but for my son combined with the help he gets in school (not from the head ,he's a total b-----d sorry!), it has given him a fighting chance. Again thank you for reading my post, it helps so much to know people care.

I talked to my boy this morning and he wants to feel that he can cope again ,and we talked about the good times and how happy he has felt

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I haven't got any advice, but this sounds like a good way to start. If he's recognising that he's not managing and beginning to realise that he has some sort of choice and control over what's happening, it's a beginning.