Sign in to follow this  
allie

Conners' Parent rating scale

Hi wonder if any of you can help.

Just completed the Conners' parents rating scale sent to me by the psychologist.

What is it for and what do all the different numbers mean?

Need to drop it in to Camhs tomorrow, but just wondered what it was all about.

Thanks

Allie

Found the following web page - link

As the link says, this is a rating scale to help in diagnosing ADHD. I had to fill one of these in for my son, and also his class teacher did the "teachers version". I was very interested to see her comments as on some things she gave a very different answer.

I'm never too sure how useful these things are as I think they are so subjective and depending on my own mood I might well give different answers. But I suppose they are an indication along with everything else to help get a diagnosis.

It is up to the camhs staff to score it and work out what all the numbers mean

Anyway I guess by now you have handed yours in, so hope you get some feedback soon.

Thanks for that. It all makes sense now. When we were up at Camhs a couple of weeks ago the psyhc said she thought C had ASD and ADHD overlapping, so that must be why we got the forms. I haven't seen the schools form but know they have had to fill one in - would love to see it as I'm sure some of their answers will be different!

Thanks again