pearl

JP starts his NVQ today...

He should be arriving in the town its held in about now.

We were both a bundle of nerves today. Far more worried about getting there than the actual work.

I'm meeting him at the station tonight till he gets used to it.

I really, really hope theres no homework, its been BLISS without it!

Guest Lya of the Nox

ooh am soo pleased for you both

lets hope he is doin oks

and sam is doin nvq and he seems to do no paper work never mind ###### homework lol

>:D<<'> :notworthy:

Guest Lya of the Nox

food?

cheffing?

riding a big fat motorbike lol

nah tis food he really into food and cooking

hope jp be oks

xxx

Oh i hope it goes well. i think nvq is a good system if you need support, is it the same idea as our svq?

Fingers crossed on the homework front.

Nic

Well, he survived! :thumbs:

A train, a bus, a bus, a train & a bus. Was all geared up to collect my tired lad from the station but he phoned me at work to say he was already home as theyd been released early! First time he's ever been on a train on his own (well the 3 apprentices went together, but he had to buy his ticket etc)

No work at the mo as it was just induction, ice breakers etc. Nice canteen where he had chilli. And guess what, we had chilli for tea as well, good job he likes it! :lol:

About 15 in the class. Not sure about support Nic, he's seeing how he gets on initially, but I'll kick up if he needs it & doesnt get it.

He's one of the oldest there, & he said, the others are too young for me, they are so immature! He's got used to working with grown ups, & as I always suspected, it suits him much better.

So all in all ... a good start. Feel better now he knows where he's going, though wish it was in the same town. Still, all helps with independence.

A train, a bus, a bus, a train & a bus.

Wow :notworthy::clap: :clap: :clap: I would have been trying to find a longer route with less changes - it's the changes and the uncertainty if any of them are late that upsets me.

he phoned me at work to say he was already home

Well that was thoughtful - that's good in itself :)

Glad it went well - hope it continues to do so as he goes through the course and that he gets any support he needs (and lots more chilli :eat::lol: - the more chilli he eats the less there will be left in the world that I have to eat, and that's good!! :lol: :lol:)

Thanks all >:D<<'>

Yes, you can see why we were worried about transport, tho perhaps should have explained I was describing it there AND back, so not as bad as it sounds. There really isnt a more straightforward route. Still he's done it now, & hopefully will usually be with the other apprentices who can reassure him if anything goes wrong.

Just two years ago he'd never been on public transport alone :first: