Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

Autism Online Conference...

For information/interest purposes:-

Autism Online Conference begun 26th November and last for one week, with various guest speakers & papers, looks as if it could be interesting, has anyone attended before ? think you have to register to access the info, talks etc.,

website - www.autismconnect.org

Clare x x x

Yes Clare you do have to register and also pay �3 this year - and that appears to have put quite a few people off. It usually lasts a lot longer than a week and some of the papers are worth reading especially, in my opinion, those written by the autistic adults.

Cat

Yes Clare you do have to register and also pay �3 this year - and that appears to have put quite a few people off.

It put me off. I hope that doesn't make me sound mean :unsure: I think it's a shame they've introduced the cost because it will put off people who might come across it accientally through a Google (or other) search and who could learn a lot from it. I'm not sure what has changed from last year to this year to warrant the introduction of the fee.

Well, the fee didn't put me off as the conference has always been very good. However, although I did contribute, I still have not been able to access the papers. I sent an e-mail yesterday, but no reply so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi LittleRae

I think that I can help to fill in some of the blanks as to why you are still unable to access the conference. The people who are taking the donations are only paying them across to Awares once a week - well that is what they told me when I contacted them to say that I had paid but was unable to access the conference. I did mail Adam about this and he said that it should only take a couple of days for the money to transfer but even so. This should be stated when you are asked to donate and then people would know. I think that it is a shame and could well spoil the conference in future years.

Cat

I don't think �3 is unreasonable. Also, while I don't like being manouvered into things, the money does go to a charitable cause. I don't think anyone is being paid for this, but there must be quite a bit of admin and techy work involved in setting it all up and organising the speakers etc.

some of the papers are excellent. It's also another medium for getting tips and advice from a very wide spectrum of people; parents, professionals from all areas etc.

I emailed Adam and he got me on straight away within a few hours of paying.

Flora

Thanks for that Cat. I hope it's sorted soon as the discussions tend to build up and I don't want to spend days trawling through stuff. Fingers crossed it happens soon

I donated more than the minimum, as I thought �3 was really cheap. One would probably have to pay 20-30 times that amount to go to a live conference! I didn't have a problem accessing the papers, but I signed up weeks ago. Hopefully I'll have time to read all the papers (and understand them!!!)