Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Ive wrote this

Opinions please >:D<<'>

Dear Mr ******

May I request that this email be passed to the head teacher and also to Mrs ******. I would prefer for now to communicate through email for the time been if possible, as I have pneumonia and am finding it hard to speak.

In accordance with the guidelines for making a complaint I am sending this email firstly to the school. I will make sure all other agencies involved in this complaint receive a copy, to make everyone aware of the real concerns we have as parents.

My husband and I are understandably annoyed, upset and angry about Friday?s events, but more so we are confused as to why the original question has still not been answered by the school. A reminder of that question ?How was that knife allowed to turn up in my autistic son?s bedroom??

Your policy as a school should stop pupils accidentally bringing home knifes. However if your school does not adopt this policy, then surely that is another huge misgiving on your behalf. I would encourage some clarification on this.

We believe that Friday?s events, however they have turned out, have been caused by a mistake which started at your school. The head teacher agreed with my husband on Friday that this was the case. I would now like to request that this reason be put in writing and sent to us at your earliest convenience. Until we can gain some closure on this fact and assurances that such a situation cannot happen again I feel it inappropriate to return Liam to your care. When you feel you can answer this question honestly and without prejudice to whatever you feel for my family. We will be happy to move onto the next step.

My husband deeply refutes your comments in which you labelled him an ?intruder? and a ?threat?. He was nothing other than a concerned parent trying to point out in plain English a massive security issue. And I must ask the question, how many knife wielding intruders do you shake hands with every day Mr *****?

Could I now request a copy of your school policy on health and safety. As well as some guidance on Liam?s curriculum.

In a separate issue which was raised on Friday, I would also like to know who is responsible (if not yourselves) for the loss of Liam?s S.E.N records. These records held information as to why Liam should be monitored in the issues I?ve raised. Maybe once you have found them and read them, you may understand just what an impact such a mistake could have had on our family, and take full responsibility for your actions.

We are reserving our rights as parents and keeping all options open.

:whistle:

Have i done the right thing?

I think it would be a good idea to also send a written copy of the letter either recorded delivery or by hand as a back up for the Email.Karen.

It would also be an idea to get hold of a copy of both the school and LEA complaints procedure.If you decide to escalate the complaint to the next level...with the LEA you will then be able to check that you have followed all of the steps needed.You will also be able to ensure that the school are sticking to the documented procedure.Karen.

It would also be an idea to get hold of a copy of both the school and LEA complaints procedure.If you decide to escalate the complaint to the next level...with the LEA you will then be able to check that you have followed all of the steps needed.You will also be able to ensure that the school are sticking to the documented procedure.Karen.

Thanks Karen... im onto it.

x

seems like very reasonable letter to me and you deserve answers!

I have been following the threads and am sorry your hubby and family had to experience this.

take care