JenRose

still seperated from dh

its been 6 weeks since i seperated from dh and at the moment its looking like a permanent thing.

mike knows we are seperated and although he was upset at first things arent looking too bad.

both kids enjoy going to dh,s house and he has them to stay every other weekend.

tomorrow ive got to inform all the financial people, i was waiting to see if it was a temporary thing but its not, we,ve had a few relate sessions

and we,ve both agreed to stay seperated for now.

im going to have to tell wftc and that means the money for r,s nursery will sto, someone mentioned to me that she will probably qualify or a social services

placement to cover the mornings as we dont pay for the afternoon as thats education, does anyone know anything about this?

IIRC i approached my hv about 18 months ago and she said she wasnt sure (we since have a new one as the old one was horrible and nasty to us over r having a wheelchair and accused us of not wanting her to walk-she has hemiplegia, so we complained and got another one) obviously i will phone her tomorrow but if my memory serves me correctly some hv,s play daft as the funding has to be sorted by them and i want to make sure i know all about it so i can say actually no this is waht she is entitled to.

thanks

Guest Lya of the Nox

i have had a look around but cant find any info on it sorry

but i do know that it is out there, have u talked with the nursery they may be able to point you in more than one direction to apply

the funding is for about 12.5 hours per week for a child over 3

but if you work does the child tax credit forms not have some bit in it about child care

sorry cant be much more help

and hope you are getting other help through this time

x

Hi Jen

I have no financial help for you, but would like to say I am thinking of you at this difficult time as it is hard, even when it's done on your own terms as mine was I found the whole thin a minefield and very stressful. But it's now 10 yrs since I left my first hubby, he is a much better person as am I, and I am remarried to a wonderful man.

It's especially hard to be on your own with A/S children as they take so much energy.. sooo anyway, Just to say thinking of you!

Anne

Hi Jenrose, sorry don't know if you are working or not but if you are the tax credits will certainly pay for 70% of your child care costs, you will also get more from them for being a lone parent. I know when I split from ex husband I was really worried about the financial situation but I actually didn't end up any worse off at all (and both of us were working at the time). So I'm sure the help will be there. It's often just knowing where to look.

Glad things are going OK for now, take care

Luv Witsend.