Sign in to follow this  
rocketgob

Need some advice please

Hi all

Sorry another question...

Charlie has his first appointment on Jan 10th with the paediatrician about his behaviour etc (HV thinks Aspergers but we shall see), just looking really for some information about what sort of thing to expect to happen at this appointment or is it different from area to area? (I am in Devon)

Thanks

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, I think it does vary from area to area and from doctor to doctor. I wouldn't expect anything too definitive, he they will probs just ask you a lot of questions about your son from birth to present day. Stuff like developmental milestones what age he reached them etc, and stuff about behaviour, sleep pattern, social skills, diet, physical capabilities etc. They may go through a questionairre with you if they are suspecting a particular diagnosis or give you one to take away and fill in. They will probs want to know what other people (school etc) think of your son (sorry don't know what age he is or anything) and what worries you have.

It might help to make notes before you go, it's easy to forget stuff when your there. And it may be the first in a long line of appointments and feel a bit of an anti climax - but again sorry don't know your circumstances. :rolleyes:

Good Luck

Luv Witsend.