Flora

LEA's case statement

I received the LEA's case statement for the SENDIST tribunal. It's an absolute load of twoddle :D Basically promising a load of services that nobody seems to have heard of (don't even think they exist). totally ignores all their own professionals' reports from the stat assessment. Ignores his history... and blames ME for all his problems. Like as if it's my hobby to invent problems that don't exist. :rolleyes: It's so ridiculous that I just had to laugh once I'd absorbed it all. Although reading it was exhausting and made me feel dreadful, once I'd slept on it it was like waking up from a nightmare that you thought you were being attacked by a lion then realising once you were fully awake that it was an illusion.

If we lose our case it will be a travesty of justice; BUT as I know that even with that in mind, losing is still a distinct possibility I have been quietly forming a back up plan, which has given me lots of comfort, courage and determination and has done away with much of my fear which was starting to make me feel ill.

I feel very hopeful that whatever the outcome my son is going to have a future that we can all look forward to.

flora :D

I received the LEA's case statement for the SENDIST tribunal. It's an absolute load of twoddle :D Basically promising a load of services that nobody seems to have heard of (don't even think they exist). totally ignores all their own professionals' reports from the stat assessment. Ignores his history... and blames ME for all his problems. Like as if it's my hobby to invent problems that don't exist. :rolleyes: It's so ridiculous that I just had to laugh once I'd absorbed it all. Although reading it was exhausting and made me feel dreadful, once I'd slept on it it was like waking up from a nightmare that you thought you were being attacked by a lion then realising once you were fully awake that it was an illusion.

If we lose our case it will be a travesty of justice; BUT as I know that even with that in mind, losing is still a distinct possibility I have been quietly forming a back up plan, which has given me lots of comfort, courage and determination and has done away with much of my fear which was starting to make me feel ill.

I feel very hopeful that whatever the outcome my son is going to have a future that we can all look forward to.

flora :D

Big Huge Hugs Flora!!!!

The nightmare has finally lifted for us as far as the tribunal, I as you know was disgusted by the lies that filled the cases statement against us....

A couple of tips we were given for the actual tribunal.

Keep really calm and don't react to ANY of the lies, if you lose your temper then you will look bad.

Don't interrupt at ALL, let them finish each of their points then ask the chair of the panel if you may ask for clarification on what they have just said, if they corner you and trip you up (it can happen even if you have told the truth,) don't get angry!

Ask them for evidence on the lies they have told, evidence will NOT exist if they have lied, and we found it quite amusing when they struggled to prove what they had said.

Ask them for full details of these 'services' they have offered, but be assured that the panel will not be fooled if they have made stuff up, we were very impressed by the panels knowledge of the law, and services etc.

One of the things I asked was for their proof that I had made up my daughters problems, I HAD proof my daughter had the problems I had stated but of course they ended up looking silly as they had no proof she didn't. The panel actually asked the opposition what training they had had, to be able to say that we were making things up.

Answer questions as simply as possible, one or two sentences, don't elaborate! As parents we want to go on and on about how injust everything is for our kids, but its easy to end up giving the other side ammunition to use against us, so ONLY answer the question, the panel will ask for more info if they need it.

Take a nice photo of your child into the hearing if your child can't be present. Introduce our child and make it plain that the tribunal is about a child not a case number!

I think you are right to have a back up plan, cover things from every angle!!! BUT remember it's almost Christmas now, so try and forget everything for a day or two, the hearing will be here soon enough! Good Luck and let me know how you get on!

Anne

Flora,

As you know, our tribunal is a couple of weeks after yours, so we're likely to get out LEA's case statement soon too. After reading your post, I'm feeling a bit nervous! Although like you say, if it's compete twaddle then that just strengthens your case.

I read Anne's post with interest too - what a lot of really useful info -so thanks to Anne.

Flora, I'm intrigued to know what your back-up plan is. What are you planning?!

Hope you have a peaceful Christmas and manage not to think about it too much (hard, isn't it?)

Lizzie xx >:D<<'>

Edited by BusyLizzie100