Nic m

Back from London

Well everyone, thank-you for all your advice it helped a lot.

We had a great time and my beautiful daughter was a star!

Train journey was long and cramped but apart from that, everything else was fantastic.

The hotel we booked was just round the corner from the V&A so we visited the couture collection!

We went to the ice skating at the natural history museum because it was also so close (i wanted to go to somerset house but closeness to this made more sense).

We did the london bus tour and took lots of pictures then went to covent garden.

We had tickets for the river cruise but the girlies were too tired to go so back to the hotel to order a movie!

We also did Harrods and we were lucky as when we left there the queues looked a mile long!

The girls liked London so much that they now want to live there when they are older.

They could not get up early so we did not manage to book tickets for a show but just as well as they were too tired by night time anyway.

The weather was fab and everyone we met was really chatty.

I think London has stolen a place in my heart.

My lovely girl is now off on her travels again to blackpool with her Dad, the dog is home, and i shall get back to normal.

Thank you all again you advice and information really helped.

Nicola

Glad you had a good time. :thumbs: Think you made a good choice with the ice-skating - The Natural History museum one is, I think, second best, and because it's less well known and further out, less crowded.

I think you're right - there is 'something' about London - it shouldn't appeal to me being noisy and busy but something made me both come back and stay :)

Mumble that is the thing i found most strange i loved it when i was down a couple of years ago and loved it even more this time, but my goodness my daughter really loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glasgow city centre is too much for her but she coped and indeed excelled in London so i think it is very deserving of my affection.Nic

Hi Nic

Funnily enough I was thinking about you earlier today, and wondering how your trip went. Sounds as though you all had a fantastic time without overdoing it and getting too tired to enjoy it.

You'll have to go back and do everything you missed - London in summer is a completely different experience.

I fell in love with London as a newcoimer to the UK about 20 years ago and I'm still in love with it. I've never felt completely British - and think London is the kind of city where anyone can feel at home - even those who feel they don't quite fit in anywhere else.

K x

I am really glad you all had a good time. :thumbs::thumbs: We went to the Southbank on Friday.We had not been for a while but I soon remembered why I love it so much.The weather has been good the last few days too.Karen.

Thanks everyone, i plan to go back soon.

i dont think i will get away with going without my wee bubs, but i would love to try and go with adults to see all the things that are too tiring or boring for kids.

Take care

Nic

So glad you all had a great time!

I feel exactly the same, I adore London. First went when I was 10, took S there when she was 10, & she's now going back with her boyf on a regular basis. If it gets you young, its got you for life, I reckon.

The couture collection .... oooh, I envy you!

Pearl, i could have spent hours just looking at these beautiful dresses, they are works of art.

My wee bubs is just the same and she loves beautiful things of any description.

She had to run in some parts of the collection when she saw certain dresses that caught her eye, and i did not tell her off because it was a joy to see her face light up.

When we were going back to the hotel we saw a lady with a beautiful coat and she said," Mum, i think that coat has been inspired by that coat we liked today at the couture collection."

It did look similar, such an eye for detail!

If you get the chance it is well worth a look.

Nic