I saw the film years ago and some mad impulse made me buy it on DVD for �3 just two weeks ago - and it's on telly tonight!

I haven't even watched the DVD yet. I really enjoyed the DVD of Snow Cake, though.

Off to rescue my 10-year-old from the perils of watching the film Gladiator on TV now. Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Lizzie (slightly hysterical after the school holidays???!! :lol: hurrah for school tomorrow...) :P

I really enjoyed the DVD of Snow Cake, though.

Now that is a very very very very very very good film :thumbs::clap: :clap: I can watch it over and over - I really really like it.

Rainman - now, where to start . . . :lol: It's old, it was probably OK with knowledge as it was at its time of release, but I think it's done a fair bit of harm to people's perceptions of autism - there is an expectation of people who've seen the film and use that as "what autism is" that all autistics are savants and have special abilities, when in fact only 2% are. I'm assuming the line in Snowcake where the woman says "Oh it's alright, I know all about autism, I've seen the film" is referring to Rainman!!! :lol: :lol:

Now that is a very very very very very very good film :thumbs::clap: :clap: I can watch it over and over - I really really like it.

Rainman - now, where to start . . . :lol: It's old, it was probably OK with knowledge as it was at its time of release, but I think it's done a fair bit of harm to people's perceptions of autism - there is an expectation of people who've seen the film and use that as "what autism is" that all autistics are savants and have special abilities, when in fact only 2% are. I'm assuming the line in Snowcake where the woman says "Oh it's alright, I know all about autism, I've seen the film" is referring to Rainman!!! :lol: :lol:

*nods* I remember when it was first suggested JP was on the spectrum, I thought, nah, he's not a bit like Dustin Hoffman!

Happy New Year to you, Lizzie! >:D<<'>

We don't go back to school till Tuesday, - inset day tomorrow - my son is pleased!

I haven't seen Rainman since it first came out, and I've neen meaning to watch it again now I know a lot more about autism than I did then! As everyone seems to use it as a point of reference, I supposte I ought to remind myself what it's all about. We have it on video though so I won't bother with the TV showing.

K x