David Matthew Baker

An update...

Looks like I'll be looking for another teacher training programme. Due to the car accident both me and the course director feel I've been off too long to easily be able to catch up. Hence we've came to a neutral decision that it is best if I leave the course. They are going to try and draft up a letter to say that they think due to my medical condition I am too far behind and would struggle to catch up. This means I should be able to claim the expenses on my insurance and find a place on another course. I think this time I'll probably go for a PGCE as then I have a full University or College to provide support if it was needed. Now I just need to work out which courses look best for me and once I'm better find something to do until the summer. I feel a lot better at last because things have become more certain as to where they are heading.

Great news :thumbs:

Any plans for the rest of this year once your back's a bit better? With all this time on your hands, you'd better get on with organising meetups!!

I think you're better off with a PGCE - it's still a very, very intensive course. Don't know I would have coped with it (I did the B.Ed)

Are you looking for somewhere near you for the PGCE or would you be happy to live at a uni for a year?

I'll probably stay local but would consider going somewhere and living there for a year. Had the Uni where my fav. footy team comes from recommended to me today. Would be interested in hearing about any providers people like though.

As for what I'll do for the rest of the year once my backs better I'm tempted by a certain special needs school. Will try and organise a meetup or two as well. Problem is knowing where. Should really bump the thread at some point. :)

Hi David,

I'm glad that things are a little clearer for you now. It will be better to start again rather than trying to play catch-up. Good luck in finding a uni and a course that you want. in the meantime I'm sure that you will find something to keep you busy.

I'm sending you a pm.

SV

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction David. I actually thought you were on a PGCE anyway, were you doing a B Ed then? Or something entirely different I havent heard about?

A SCITT which was school based so didn't have a big organisation to turn to for support when I needed it. Instead I found myself very issolated. I'm pleased to say the Union were very helpful though once I talked to them. A little slow at times but I understand why.

Aaah right, no I've never heard of that.

Its funny how things work out. You werent that happy with the support there before the accident so it kind of gives you a legitimate way out of it & can look for something more suitable. But still a v unsettling time for you.