Sign in to follow this  
morgan and alexandra

Feeling a bit blue

Hi All

Our DD who is 8 recently started a new school and I knew that her probs would become apparent very quickly at school as i chucked her straight in. Luckily for us her new school is very understanding and really want to help us and have called in 3 seperate teams already to help her. She also booked in to see CAHMS soon and hopefully we will finally get a diagnosis.

However, DD is really not coping well, tries so hard to contain her emotions at school and then just goes mad when she gets home. Yesterday I had to find her a quiet spot at school to try and calm down as she had a major melt down. Nne of the children wants to talk let alone play with her as she doesn't understand them and how they play etc and it breaks my heart. She is noticing that she is different and hates going to school now, not because of the teachers but the other children.

I have been very gentle with her over the last few weeks and am trying to stay positive but I can read my daughter like a book and foresee a huge amount of meltdowns coming my way, they seem to be on a daily basis and lasting for ages at the moment.

Just feeling a bit sorry for myself!! Sorry

hi there

had to reply to this and its like my situation too................try reading this http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...ol+home+anxiety

i have to say this has been ongoing with me since my boy started nursey

but its gone very bad since sept-he has no statement-but i am looking into this at the moment.

we do have a dx -last may.

but that took ages to get

have to dash off

but just wanted you to know you are not alone with this situation. >:D<<'>

Thank you

I know we are all in the same boat one way or another and it helps that we can come on here and talk it through. Sometimes though i just feel im in this huge bog and im stuck and dont know the best course to follow. DD never had much help at her old school and they made me feel as though it was ME!!! So the fact that DDs new school are listening and acting is fantastic.

THANK YOU :thumbs:

Thank you

I know we are all in the same boat one way or another and it helps that we can come on here and talk it through. Sometimes though i just feel im in this huge bog and im stuck and dont know the best course to follow. DD never had much help at her old school and they made me feel as though it was ME!!! So the fact that DDs new school are listening and acting is fantastic.

THANK YOU :thumbs:

It is great that the new school are helpful but it is still difficult. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen.

Sending you hugs.

Remember you are not alone, come on the forum and post away. We will totally understanding where you are coming from and trust me that makes alot of difference.

Take care

Forbsay

I hope your daughter gets the support she needs from school and the other agencies involved. Half the battle is to get them to listen, so it's good that they are doing something. The playground "jungle" is very tough for girls on the spectrum - my own daughter went through a similar experience at the same age, also after changing schools.

Take care of yourself too: coping with daily meltdowns is tiring.

>:D<<'>

K x