bluefish

feeling really sad

Hi, I feel really sad tonight. I think it is triggered by blue badge refusel, It is such a double edged sord as had we got it I know I would be sat here feeling sad(If that makes any sence) I just wish we did not have to fight for everything.Who in there right mind would want a badge if they didnt need it?I felt like turning up at Gp with car seat at end of surgery and saying" here you go pop to the supermarket with e and then fill in your form!" luckily had calmed down and did not do this! e had a bad day today and this made me mad that GP has no idea whatsoever what it like to walk in our shoes for a day! e is demanding response to his quetions at mo and says over and over and over say it mummy say it and I have to repeat question and answer. it sounds daft but it is SO wearing. Thanks for letting me moan. reading it back feel pathetic for feeling so tearfull

Hi

I hope you can speak to your G.P, let them know the difficulties you have when taking your son out and then they can inform properly. Can you appeal?

Hope you feel better soon.

Angel.

Bluefish ~ >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I know Hun, it can be all so waring this constant fighting and battling for our kids, before we even start being Mum. Think you have every right to feel tearful and have as you say a moan, thank goodness for this forum where we can let off steam and other people do actually understand.

You'll feel sad for a bit and there's nothing wrong in that, but I am sure in a day or two, you'll bounce back with renewed fighting spirit.

Take care

Clare x x x

hi blue fish >:D<<'> many of us have been there and don't feel your issues are daft, some of the things that have me blubbing often seem silly when taken in isolation but when all these problems are staked its hard to keep fighting!

As for the blue badge, I was told I stood a cat in hells chance of getting one for either of my daughters but the social worker from the childs dissability team filled in the form for me and I got sent two badges... it might be worth a try going through them?

Good luck!

Anne

>:D<<'> much sympathy, the constant fighting the system is often more wearing than taking care of our kids, as if that wasn't enough in itself! It just wears you down until you feel you can't take any more and it's not fair :( My dd also does the repeating stuff over and over again until I respond in the way she wants me to, it's so tedious! I totally understand >:D<<'>

bluefish

I guess the problem is that you thought that with the struggles you have with your children that there was no way you did not deserve one but of course you have to meet their criteria. I guess a a lot has to do with knowing the criteria and filling the form in to emphasise how you meet their criteria.

Try Annea's suggestion of getting the social worker to fill it in or someone else who knows the system. At the end of the day the badge doesn't cost the government anything but it is so useful to those who need it.

Don't give up!!!

Thanks for replies! feel much better today. I have just phoned blue badge dept and told them my GP does not know my son, and asked them if form could go to HV instead as she knows us very well and sees e on a regular basis. They said just get her to write them a letter and they will look at application again. It was HV who suggested bb so am sure she will support my application :thumbs:

After being refused twice I contacted my MP who brought it up at a meeting in the house of commons with the secretary of state for transport !! :notworthy:

I emailed a copy of the letter (to the Head of Parking services) which he sent me from said Secretary stating that Autism is considered a valid reason for my son to have a badge,she also stated there was no need for HRMobility as my council stated...I recieved his blue badge in the next post :thumbs: