Annea

At last we are getting somewhere with dd3

I went for an OT appointment today with my youngest dd.....

My eldest has A/s but she is very different, has some obvious mobility issues, coordination and balance problems with a whole lot of behavioural stuff thrown in.

The OT feels she definitely is 'somewhere' on the spectrum and has probably one or more ASD's, collectively the physios and OT are going to write to her consultant who is dragging her heels at getting a diagnosis and request that she is assessed by someone who is abe to diagnose in this area.

The school have been exceptionally unhelpful stating at the review meeting that my dd has NO problems at all, the staff at the childrens centre think this is farcical and can't work out why the problems they have all seen at different times are not present in school. They want to have a meeting with school to assess what is happening their and why her difficulties are not being picked up.... :wallbash:

It seems that at last things might be moving in the right direction!!!! :thumbs:

The school have been exceptionally unhelpful stating at the review meeting that my dd has NO problems at all

oh no they wouldn't do that would they? ;)

Yep I have had that too.

The OT feels she definitely is 'somewhere' on the spectrum and has probably one or more ASD's

How can you have more than one ASD? Surely you're either autistic or you're not? :unsure: Just wondering :)

H Mumble I think what she was saying is that their are quite a few conditions linked to the autistic spectrum and she seems to have more than one of these....

I am awaiting a full report and then maybe things will become clearer?? Or maybe confuse me further!!

Anne

H Mumble I think what she was saying is that their are quite a few conditions linked to the autistic spectrum and she seems to have more than one of these....

Thanks :) I just thought that was a really strange statement for them to make! I guess they're talking co-morbids and it reflects the fact that all different professionals like to use different terminology for the same thing!

Or maybe confuse me further!!

Probably :lol: