Viper

New DX added

We went to see SMs psych today and after telling her a few things about him and her looking at his previous test scores she has added a DX of ADHD along with his origional DXs, ASD, ODD severe anxiety and seperation anxiety.

He has been taking sertraline for the anxiety and now has to take a ADHD medication that begins with S but I can't remember the name of. (the chemist didn't have it in so we are waiting for it). She suspects the sertraline has uncovered some of his symptoms that have been masked by his anxiety and let his ADHD come through. He has started to chew everything in sight, and he spins all the time now, whether he is standing up or sitting on the computer chair. He ate a muffin yesterday whilst turning round in circles.

The psych thinks it could explain his aggression and why the sertraline hasn't helped in that area. Fingers crossed this new drug will do the trick.

Its probably called strattera. If you look at the website www.adders.org.uk you wll find lots of info about the various meds used for adhd. Good luck

Guest Lya of the Nox

glad people are finally listening to you and you are getting help

love our county NOT lol

>:D<<'> >:D<

Viper, no matter how many labels they add on as he goes down the 'assessment production line' he's still your little boy. I ignore the labels most of the time, because my boys are still my boys. Someone was on the subject of Tshirts and slogans for our children, I think I would only like 'Love me not my labels' or 'Help me not my labels'. I've put a stop to DS2s assessment as all an ASD label would do is reduce his OT input which is limited but has helped him so much.

Hope the meds help your son, my oldest is on strattera, he's had no bad side effects and is noticably 'different' if I forget to give him it, school diary usually makes me remember I forgot :whistle::unsure: it does take a little while to work. I objected to the ritalin and sertraline and eventually my son was put on strattera, I did a lot of research first before agreeing to it.

Edited by lil_me

Its probably called strattera. If you look at the website www.adders.org.uk you wll find lots of info about the various meds used for adhd. Good luck

Thats the stuff, thanks for the link too.

Lil_me, you are so right. My little man will always be my little man. :wub: I would like a refined version that doesn't hit us, :whistle: but hey we can't have it all can we? I'm just relieved someone has listened to us at last and we may be finally getting to the bottom of his problem areas.