Sign in to follow this  
pookie170

Alas, poor Corsa, I drove it well....or not!!!

I had a most upsetting end to yesterday. My hands have only just stopped shaking enough to allow me to commence my hunt-n-peck ramblings via this keyboard......

I had a car crash!!!! :tearful:

OMIGOSH,OMIGOSH!!! :blink:

And it was all the dog's fault!!!! Kinda...

No-one seriously hurt, thank crunchie but I decided after work, to go home and check on Stig( our dog) before going to collect the kids from other half's folks.

And off I trundled, in my nice new corsa that I loved so much...blissfully unaware of the events that were about to unfold.....

Rapidly,....and noisily......and with lots of people watching too, oh the shame!! :rolleyes:

So I got to the mini roundabout I had to go right at, slowed and checked the coast was clear. I noticed a car advancing to the right and reckoned I had enough time....

WROOOOOONNNNG!!!!!!

Said car crashed stupendously into the side of my car, as the other driver and I stared at one another, our faces locked in a rictus of dismay and terror!!

This was broken as the world whirled sideways for me....I came to rest facing nearly the direction I had come from, and although I had the presence of mind to briskly kill the engine, I sat for some time gazing at nothing and breathily gasping expletives to myself....

Eventually managed to force the door ajar and tottered towards the other driver and his passenger, to check they were okay, which they were...

Mind you, five minutes later, having moved cars to allow traffic to go again, and having exchanged details after a deranged call to my partner, I had to get the other fella a sweetie from the packet I knew was lurking in the glovebox, as he was shaking so hard he could barely speak! Glad he had a passenger as I would not have allowed him to drive again!!

Then limped homewards in my poor wee broken corsa, which did its duty faithfully and didn't deserve wot it got!!

Really not sure whos at fault, as the damage is extensive to my car, and he must've been going rather fast to inflict this, but will leave it to the insurance company to sort out.

And only one witness stopped to see we were okay!

And that was wot 'appened to me yesterday!!!

Find it a bit embarrassing, but the kids think its too cool, and want me to replay it to them at every opportunity....The fact thats it keeps doing this in my head at innopportune moments means that I don't miss anything out! :rolleyes:

Just glad noone got hurt!

Esther x

Edited by pookie170

Esther :o>:D<<'>

At least you're physically all right but I hope the events stop replaying themselves in your head eventually. Your poor car - will it be OK?

K x

Oh no!

The important thing is that everyone is OK.

But still, these things do shake you up. When I had an accident a few years ago, I was wired for a couple of days, and then I collapsed on the sofa and cried for several hours, and after that I felt a lot better.

It sounds like the other car might have been going too fast for a roundabout, but you will probably be held liable for insurance purposes - but this doesn't mean you are at fault morally.

Take it easy, I hope you feel better soon!