FKlama

The reason why I dont like Easter

A few hours ago I started my daily routine of getting lunch and checking mail. Normally I would go to the UFO (University Food Outlet), buy a sandwich, cherry coke and a pcket of crisps. Then go on to the mail room to check for mail, eating the sandwich on the way. After that back to the laboratory.

A few days ago I stood in front of closed doors when trying to buy dinner, and found out that the UFO opens until 17:15 during the holidays (I ordered food that day).

Today I stood in front of closed doors again, well bevor 17:15. After a while I found two identical A4 sheets of paper, with easter egg grafics printed on, informing me that the shop will be closed until Wednesday next week. Slightly unsettled I proceeded, without lunch, to the mail room, only to find a similar (less decorated) piece of paper, telling me again that the mail room will reopen next Wednesday.

I am always amazed how such 'little things' can throw me off course that much... ...it seems like the whole university is closed, even the chemistry building is on 'limited access'. I am very happy that I have a keycard, so I can at least get into the laboratory.

Edited by FKlama

"No Meals" has thrown me completely too - i'm really really struggling - I was only just getting by and what might seem so insignificant to most people is too much right now. But how stupid does it sound that I want to curl up and hide away because I can't cope with my routine being disrupted? How stupid does it sound that I can't even do something as simple as get my own meals? :tearful: and how on earth do you make others understand?

and how on earth do you make others understand?

I do not think you can. Not properly anyways...

We are just too different from anything they know.