caz2007

Social phobia

hi there

what is Social phobia like are there people on here who have it.

anybody have this and what to expline what it is to you?

thanks take care

caroline

Social Phobia is also known as Social Anxiety Disorder. It is a fear in social situations. Some people become distressed in all social situations, but for other people it is only specific situations like meeting new people, being the centre of attention, or making small talk. It is a psychological illness, which can be treated.

It is different from Asperger's. Asperger's doesn't make you fear social situations, it just makes you not very good at them. Many people with Asperger's become nervous of social situations after getting them wrong so many times. Some people with Asperger's also develop Social Phobia.

i find this is very worring and scayer and

i rother not be there beouse i dont now how to act or what to say.

i rother be on my own.

i love to make new friends but feel scayed with this.

i find going to new place and meeting new people very scayer and i need to go with somebody and a lot of the time now body able to go so i roher not go and that happind a few times.

i dont like being the centre of attention i feel people are looking at me.

i find making small talk hard to do and sometime i dont now what to say.

i had this fear for years. who can help.

you need advice from a mentalhealth professional to deal with social phobia if its become to the stage of being a disorder.

Most people suffer mild social phobia in certain situations, when it becomes a problem is when the fear is causing you a lot of distress or restricting your life in some way.

it becomes a problem is when the fear is causing you a lot of distress or restricting your life in some way.

This is where I am now as a result (I believe) of being unsupported and bullied. It really angers me that that's allowed to happen, but I know part of the effort now needs to come from me to tell myself that I'm not scared and nothing really bad is going to happen if I leave my room. :(