Sign in to follow this  
lsw146

It's been 2 years!!!

I can't quite believe it's been nearly 2years since my last post so I thought I would say hello again. My daughter B is now in year 9, she never did recieve a diagnosis, although the psych sort of agreed we could tell school it was autism/anxiety. She has been on Respidral for the 2 years now and it has changed all our lives. We were told as she got more confident she wouldn't need it but every time we reduce the dose the extreme behaviours return. so we have decided that we know what we know and the docs can believe what they want. Her meds have given her the freedom she needed and we are given enough in her prescription to increase and decrease the dose depending on how she feels. Sometimes when we have reduced the dose she has asked herself to increase it and told us how much better she feels! we have even got to the point of being able to have the builders in for major renovations and the only real change from her was baby talking and not being able to stand still!! My younger daughter joins her at High School in September and I gave up work 18 months ago (after a bereavement) so all in all life is going so much better than at my last post in 2006.

Jo :thumbs:

Edited by lsw146

so all in all life is going so much better than at my last pot in 2006.

Jo :thumbs:

Well stuff like that is always good to hear :thumbs:

welcome back

:D

Hi Jo, welcome back, though I was not on this forum 2 yrs ago, I am pleased to hear that your life is going much better. Once you have settled back in I would like to ask you the benefits of Respidral, what exactly it is prescribed for and how quickly it works. My DS is extremely anxious, which greatly hold s him back, we have tried many things but not gone done the medication route yet and owuld be bvery interested to hera your view point.

Clare :)