Sign in to follow this  
harmony

sore face

This is an odd one, not really related to aspergers, but then it might be. My DD is always getting sore lips, this spreads around her face. She will not stop licking her mouth when it's sore, and then obviously it gets worse. Dr gave her an antibiotic cream, we have tried vasaline, savalon, germaline, lip balms of every discription, nivea (sorry about brand names) Once she has it it lasts for about 2 weeks, then for no reason goes away again. It looks dreadful, and she seems to take delight in licking her ever increasingly sore face. It becomes almost an obsession when it's sore. I wonder if she makes it worse on purpose so she gets attention. Any suggestions, remadies greatly appreciated.

Harmony x

Hi harmony.

If your DD is in nursery or primary school [2-11 years] it would be a good idea to rule out both cold sores [herpes ...viral infection] and impetigo [bacterial skin infection].You could google both or check up on NHS direct.

If in doubt it would be worth asking the GP to have a look.Both cold sores and impetigo are common among young children and are very infectious so spread with ease amongst children in school and nursey.Both impetigo and cold sores are easy to treat with a prescription from the GP.They are annoying but not serious if a child is otherwise well. :) Karen.

Hi harmony.

If your DD is in nursery or primary school [2-11 years] it would be a good idea to rule out both cold sores [herpes ...viral infection] and impetigo [bacterial skin infection].You could google both or check up on NHS direct.

If in doubt it would be worth asking the GP to have a look.Both cold sores and impetigo are common among young children and are very infectious so spread with ease amongst children in school and nursey.Both impetigo and cold sores are easy to treat with a prescription from the GP.They are annoying but not serious if a child is otherwise well. :) Karen.

Thanks Karen.

DD is 12 we went to GP who said it was neither impetigo or herpes, said it was due to her licking her own face! weird I know.

Harmony x

I have no practical advice for you, but my DD does this with her ears, nose and mouth from time to time. Very annoying and very unsightly I agree, not to mention so so sore for her.

hopefully as the weather gets better, and we donr need heating etc as much, the soreness wont come in the first place, give it a cance to fully heal?

x

Thanks Karen.

DD is 12 we went to GP who said it was neither impetigo or herpes, said it was due to her licking her own face! weird I know.

Harmony x

:thumbs::thumbs: No not weird.I just thought it was worth ruling both of those things out as none of the other ''home remedy'' type things would work if it was. :)

My youngest NT( :unsure: )...DOES THIS TOO! :rolleyes: ............ I,ve found a cream called morhulin very very good , you have to ask for it at the chemist counter , its in a blue and white tube and used for nappy rash cuts burns etc.I put it on his face when he,s asleep at night :thumbs: .I also put vaseline on his cheeks/face during the day.If your daughter likes to lick her lips will she use a flavoured lip salve??...........just thought it might help protect at the same time as she is licking.Hope you manage to sort something out , best wishes suzex

My youngest NT( :unsure: )...DOES THIS TOO! :rolleyes: ............ I,ve found a cream called morhulin very very good , you have to ask for it at the chemist counter , its in a blue and white tube and used for nappy rash cuts burns etc.I put it on his face when he,s asleep at night :thumbs: .I also put vaseline on his cheeks/face during the day.If your daughter likes to lick her lips will she use a flavoured lip salve??...........just thought it might help protect at the same time as she is licking.Hope you manage to sort something out , best wishes suzex

Thanks very helpful Suze, will be off to boots tomorow morning.

Harmony x

Hi I,ve found it best just to use the morhulin at night as it is very thick you only need a little bit,and it seems to coat the skin with a protective barrier.If you use it during the day you,ll only need a time amount and you,ll have to rub it in really well as her face will be all white :rolleyes: .I,ve found it a good cream to use as if the skin is bleeding and weeping it does,nt irritate and takes the redness away, good luck with it , >:D<<'> suzex