CarolineJ

Can I have opinions please?

I have clickable links in my sig. They are to isolated photos of my children. I see that image posting is disabled, so wondered if any members felt uncomfortable with my including links to photos of my children. I wish to respect feelings of others.

Hi

I certainly wouldn't have any objections. Others have included links to websites etc with photos/video of their children in the past, so it shouldn't be a problem. If people don't want to look, they don't need to click!

Caroline.

ive not got a problem,i like looking at pictures.

i was walking past my local library the other day and noticed a picture of katies class on a window display,i saw one of katie and her little friends and all their faces were covered up,it looked a bit spooky to be honest,i wonder if that is the norm now to stop people recognising the kids ,but then whats the point of the display

I think your kids look lovely... I've no problem with it (don't know about site rules though!).

Flo' :D

I have clickable links in my sig. They are to isolated photos of my children. I see that image posting is disabled, so wondered if any members felt uncomfortable with my including links to photos of my children. I wish to respect feelings of others.

Hi Caroline.I thought it might help if I responded to your post with a bit of a Moderator explanation.

I think the issue regarding links to photos of your children is more to do with how you feel than respecting the feelings of others.

The Forum is an open Forum that anyone can access it is not just open to viewing by members.

So Forum rules take this into account when advising posters to be aware of their own privacy and personal internet safety when posting.

Purely a personal opinion but I would not myself feel comfortable with posting pictures that clearly show my child..with no idea who would be able to see them.Karen. :)