CarolineJ

My little lad is quite low

My son seems to be pretty low at the moment. He's had episodes like this in the past, but this time it seems to be because he's noticing his differences amongst his peers.

I don't like to see him like this :(

Hi Caroline

Dont dispair. I in the past was getting worried that at the age of 11 my son still wishes to dress up as batman, superman, spiderman. and I thought he would get alot of bully words thrown at him. He tends to play with kids at least 2 or 3 years younger than him because they look up to him and do not see him as being different because they want to do the same things.

Try and find ways to build up his confidence. Does he have any special interests, obsessions, like superheroes.

Tell him its ok to be just the way he is. To stay away from the ones who have nothing better to do with their lives because they want to grow up too fast and be bored doing nothing.

My son is creating and dealing with his own fears around teenagers but at the same time my life has been restricted even more because open spaces, and car parks and journeys because he doesnt want to be seen by them.

This is all new to me as I have just received his diagnosis of Aspergers this week. It is all very upsetting and although I am not in denial of the situation it still hurts to know that he has his own world of thought and perception of life. I ned support.

I know now that ti site will be valuable to me and hopefully to others, if they dont get bored with my essays LOL

Chin up, I am a single parent Divorcee and have brought my son up from 8 months old. I am convinced now that his dad has Aspegers also, but he is not concern anymore.

Take care, Gillian x