Sign in to follow this  
keepingmesane

going to chester zoo tomorrow

We are going to chester zoo tomorrow as its my middle sons 3rd birthday next tues. we've been once before and it was ok but had some very stressed moments.

both of my twins are on the autistic spectrum and react to things very differently, they both want to go to the zoo so at least thats something.

can i get discounts taking them in ? they both get dla.

anything else i can do to make it easier for them?

thanks in advance

Do you have extra pairs of hands (ie; adults) to come along with you?

Not sure of chester zoo's consessions (sp?) - could have a moochy on the website?

We go to Chester Zoo regularly as we don't live far away.

Not sure about the concessions as we all have season tickets. Highly recommended if you live close by as you can go for a couple of hours at a time, and it isn't a financial disaster if the kids play up and you have to go home. It's nice to go for an hour or so at the end of the day in summer.

Catering can get very busy and is quite expensive.. Bring a picnic and take advantage of the indoor picnic area or the grassed areas by Oakfield House. There are some quieter areas too (Mostly off to the right as you approach the zoo) and it is worth heading way from the madding crowds when it is really busy.

They have built a huge walkway to make getting between the two halves of the zoo easier. Our kids don't cope very well with the inside of the Elephant house because it stinks! If you arrive fairly early in the morning head straight over to the far side before youy start looking at anything as it doesnt fill up with people until later

The monorail is fun, but beware of queues. The boat trips are fun too (Turn right and keep walking if you get off the monrail).

If you are in the area the Boat Museum at Ellesmere port (Just off the M53) is good and seldom gets busy. Season tickets there are only slightly more expensive than day tickets.

Good luck!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove